Last Updated on November 18, 2022 by Zwivel
With aging, you can see several considerable changes in your outer skin layer. In the 20s, collagen and elastin keep the human skin looking dreamy, soft, and impossibly full. In the middle of the 30s, this collagen has begun to dwindle, and the face starts to lose its structure.
Here the midface filler can help you in minimizing the signs of aging. Midface fillers can help you reduce the appearance of any deep lines and wrinkles present in the skin, leaving the skin looking more firm and even. They allow you to achieve a softer, more youthful appearance and improve confidence and self-esteem.
In this article, we can discuss the needs, benefits, and other factors of midface filler.
Why Do We Need A Midface Filler?
When we hear the term cosmetic filler, the two factors that come to mind are filling wrinkles and changing the look of lips. Midface filler is an uncommonly discussed and crucial topic for restoring the youthful and rested appearance of the face as we age. The fact is that the midface is the first place of the face where most people first look.
We need a midface filler for
- Correcting the volume loss: Mature people who are experiencing a volume loss in the cheeks can choose the option of midface filler. It can quickly address the contours of their mid-face, creating more youthful-looking cheeks. You can also improve the contour of the under-eye by injecting in the tear troughs.
- Nasolabial folds: These folds are present on either side of the mouth that extends from the nose to the mouth’s outer corners, which play a vital role in the face’s youthful appearance. Many people are concerned with these lines because they deepen with age and lead to a drooping or sagging appearance. You can create volume with midface filler and soften these folds by lifting the skin away from them.
How Long Does Midface Filler Last?
- Filler material
- Treatment area
- Filler consistency
- Patient body
If the denser the filler product and injected more deeply, the result will be longer. To maintain better results, you need to consult your cosmetic surgeon frequently. They will repeat the treatment based on the need, adjusting the filler amount and techniques to ensure optimal results.
- For a longer result, synthetic fillers are the best. Choosing an experienced and qualified provider is essential for a great life of midface filler.
- Fat injections give you indefinite results. Initially, this filler method gives you a filled look, then gradually settles down to give a natural appearance.
A vital fact is that the filler injections stimulate collagen production in the treated area; your own body produces a substance that restores volume in the area.
Fillers are substances designed to be injected under the skin surface to improve the volume and fullness. It includes
- Calcium hydroxylapatite is a mineral-like compound found in bones. It lasts longer, up to 12 months, as its consistency is thicker than that of Hyaluronic acid. This midface filler substance is considered a long-lasting but nonpermanent filler.
- Hyaluronic acid is present in fluids and tissues in the human body that add a new look to the skin and keep the skin hydrated. Their effects last for 6 to 12 months or longer than that.
- Polyalkylimide, a non-degradable hydrogel, is compatible with the body and used for soft tissue replacement.
- Poly-L-lactic acid, a volumizing filler, reinforces the structure of the skin. The critical use of this filler is to treat deep facial wrinkles, and the results last for up to 2 years.
Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a semi-permanent filler, are used to treat medium-to-deep wrinkles, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and deep glabellar furrows. The effect of this type of midface filler lasts up to 5 years.
What Are The Benefits Of Midface Fillers?
Midface Filler is a more comfortable process when compared to other treatment options like implants and the surgical midface lifting process.
Some of the benefits of choosing Midface fillers are below.
- Midface fillers require little or no anesthesia, and the treatment will take less than an hour.
- Recovery time after the midface fillers is quick, and people can resume their regular activities and life afterward.
- Mostly Midface fillers last for months or years, depending on some factor. But the final result is not a permanent one. So you have the liberty to change your look if you are not comfortable with the resulting look.
- We can notice only a low risk of significant complications and infections with Midface fillers.
- We can modify the Midface filler after the insertion process. We can add more filler substances to the treated area until achieving the desired result.
- Midface filler methods are cheaper than the more invasive plastic surgery for making your cheeks appear more defined.
Yes! Of course, Midface fillers are a low-risk process with minimal recovery time. But we can see some risk of side effects in some rare cases.
Some of the rare side effects of Midface fillers are swelling, bruising, itching, and redness. Some fillers carry a slight rare risk of an allergic reaction or an infection on some human body. These less common side effects are filler leakage, tissue death due to circulation blockage, injury to your veins or arteries, and vision loss.
In some cases, there are some chances of the risk of injection material migrating to other face parts, causing a lumpy or asymmetrical appearance. To rectify this, the doctor injects another material to dissolve it or asks you to wait for the material to metabolize.
These side effects happen if you consult an unlicensed or inexperienced provider.
Midface Filler: Before And After
Midface fillers may provide good results for men and women of various age groups. Let us check some before and after midface fillers photos of people who trusted it achieved the needed result.
Any person in the middle of their 30s or above can notice some notable changes on their face. Some of the changes are full cheeks start to flatten, or the entire midface area seems to drop. Midface fillers can help rejuvenate the midface area.
Every person has some particular reasons to seek midface filler injections, and several options are available on the market today! It can be a little complicated to decide what might be the right fit. It is essential to consider some factors while opting for midface fillers.
Choosing the right midface filler specialist with the credentials and high experience is more crucial. Asking questions about the treatments and explaining your concerns and needs during the consultation is compulsory.