Last Updated on November 18, 2022 by Zwivel Team
The purpose of the Voluma cheek filler is to improve the volume in the cheeks and give the face an overall lift. Voluma cheek filler lifts the aging face or accents the cheekbones in younger faces. It can be a stand-alone product or sometimes used in combination with other facial fillers.
You can use the Voluma filler in the chin and jawline to create a new definition. It gives you a sculpted look that you achieve with contouring make-up.
In this article, we can discuss
- Eligibility for cheek filling
- Results of the Voluma cheek filling process
- Voluma cheek filling procedure.
Who Is An Eligible Candidate For Voluma Cheek Filler?
With age, human face skin loses its volume for various reasons. Some of them are genetics, hormones, or unprotected sun exposure. The natural collagen depletion in the skin develops wrinkles and visible signs of aging after the mid-20s. Voluma cheek filler can give you a youthful appearance by temporarily halting the natural aging process.
- The first criterion is that the person searching for an effective, non-invasive anti-aging treatment should be above 21 years old.
- Do you have a mild, moderate, or high volume loss in the cheek area?. Yes! You are a suitable person for Voluma cheek filler.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding? Sorry! You are not eligible (according to the FDA) for Voluma cheek filler. Because you may have fluctuating pregnancy hormones, this cheek filler causes blood flow issues and swelling.
- Do you have any severe drug allergies? Then you are not an ideal candidate for Voluma cheek filling treatment.
What Can I Expect From A Voluma Cheek Filler?
Voluma cheek filler is the most reliable aesthetic treatment that can accomplish your aesthetic goals in one treatment. One Voluma cheek filler treatment can plump the appearance of your cheeks and reverse your visible signs of aging.
High-mobility areas like the mouth, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines experience most of the visible consequences of age. Voluma has a crystal clear hyaluronic acid gel, an active ingredient that fills hollow areas in the face and plumps the skin from the inside out. When injected, the filler below the skin blends with the skin structure and adds extra volume to the space between the epidermis and the dermis.
Note: Nowadays, people use hyaluronic acid products to support skin, provide an adequate hydration level and maintain overall skin health.
- The most asked question is – Will I get an immediate improvement in the volume of my cheek?
No! Most patients will not get a noticeable result until two weeks after treatment. The results depend on various factors. They are the settling time of the filler under the skin, interaction and reaction of the filler substance with the natural metabolism of the human body, and consistency and the amount of filler substance.
You can expect some side effects too. They are inflammation, swelling, lumps, bumps, and firmness at the site of the injections. These side effects may last for 7-10 days. It is necessary to avoid exercise, exposure to substantial sunlight, AHA, retinol, vitamin C therapy, oil-based make-up, alcohol, waxing, facials, glycolic, laser treatments, and microdermabrasion for the initial 24 hours. Otherwise, soreness, swelling, and itching at the injection site may increase. An ice pack can help you calm the skin back down.
Avoid touching face skin for at least 6-8 hours to stay away from an infection. Sleep on your back for 24-48 hours. Drink plenty of water to be hydrated which enhances the effect of hyaluronic acid fillers.
Does the Voluma Cheek Filler Hurt?
No, Voluma cheek filler will not hurt your face, and it is safe also. Learn more about the Voluma cheek filling procedure to understand that.
Voluma cheek filler procedure
- Initially, a numbing agent, medicines that numb and reduce the pain sensation in the applied area, will be applied to the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- A skilled medical professional draws marks on the face for reference. Finally, the injector injects the filler above the face bone under the skin.
- Patients need one to two syringes to achieve the desired results. They will feel nothing, and it will be more comfortable than receiving other filler.
- Sometimes, the injection shots may initialize a mild pain immediately after the procedure. The side effects of the Voluma cheek filler, like bruising, soreness, swelling, etc., are short-term and will disappear within a few hours or days at the most.
- Some instructions to follow if your skin hurts:
- For bruising and swelling, use ice as much for the first few days.
- For headaches or pain at the injection site, you can use medicines like Tylenol or Motrin (as per the prescription).
- For redness, welts, and itching, you can use Benadryl (as per the prescription).
- For lumps and bumps, massage the area with constant less pressure for 2 min.
Patients need a touch-up therapy one month after the treatment to achieve desired results. The final results last up to 2 years, and you need regular injections to maintain your ideal results. If the fillers did not provide you desired results, consult your instructor to do more filling. It is possible to add this extra filler safely and shortly after the first treatment to increase satisfaction.
Can I Dissolve Or Remove My Voluma Cheek Filler?
Yes, You can remove or dissolve the Voluma cheek filler with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. There are two cases.
In the first case, you can adjust mild issues like slight asymmetry without the use of additional injections. You can do a gentle massage by following proper instructions. Fillers dissolve naturally at different speeds as they metabolize after six months to a year.
In the second case, if you want to dissolve a small amount of temporary filler substance, your service provider injects a small amount of enzyme in the area. Thus, no need for you to be stuck with an overfilled face and wait until it wears off on its own.
Once they inject this hyaluronidase into the affected areas, it dissolves the hyaluronic acid particles. We can rectify the following mistakes using hyaluronidase.
- Overfilling or dissatisfying results
- A lumpy or irregular texture with no response for massage
- Excessive or prolonged swelling
- Infection in the treated area
- Vascular compromise (It happens when they inject the filler close to a blood vessel, interfering with blood flow)
After injecting hyaluronidase also, patients may experience slight swelling or bruise. Yes! Hyaluronidase is safe to use, but it is essential to do a patch test on the arm to ensure the allergic reaction before injection in the face. Some patients may experience some allergic reactions to this enzyme.
Sometimes, this enzyme removes a higher amount of filler than we desired.
The great advantage of using the Voluma cheek filler rather than other cosmetic surgery is that you can make adjustments. In some situations, you cannot expect the desired result even if you consult an experienced professional. If you want to reverse the filling, you can get assistance from a skilled medical provider to dissolve it or scale back. The treatment takes less than an hour, and the recovery period requires zero downtime. You can also resume your regular schedules immediately. The Voluma cheek filler results will be dramatic, and you can see several improvements in the lines around the face area as it lifts the skin upward.