About The doctor
ABMS Board Certifications
American Board of Dermatology
Areas Of Expertise:
Face & Neck, Breasts & Chest, Body & Extremities
Following graduation Dr. Rafal was appointed to several academic positions in the Dermatology department at the State University of New York at Stony Brook Medical School, and remains an assistant professor and attending physician at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She was also an instructor in Dermatology and History at the University of Pennsylvania.
Throughout her career Dr. Rafal has received many honors and awards, including the Beiersdorf Travel Award in Dermatology from the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology (1990), the Basic Science Research Award from the Michigan Dermatological Society (1991), the Upjohn Resident Research Award in Recognition for Outstanding Dermatology Research from the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology (1992), the British Association of Dermatology Fellowship awarded by the American Academy of Dermatology (1996), and Keynote Speaker for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists Annual Scientific Meeting (1999).
- University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Arts
- *Graduated summa cum laude
- Medical Doctorate
- SUNY-Health Science Center at Brooklyn (formerly Downstate Medical Center)
- Medical Doctorate w/ Honors and Distinction in Research
- *Transferred from Harvard School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA
- Montefiore Hospital Medical Center in the Bronx, NY
- Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Residency in Dermatology
(0) Patient Reviews