About The doctor
ABMS Board Certifications
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Areas Of Expertise:
Face & Neck, Breasts & Chest, Body & Extremities
Dr. Franco served his residency in Plastic Surgery at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. There, he was chief resident from 2010-2011. In 2011, he completed additional training at Chan Gung Hospital in Taiwan with a focus on microsurgery primarily in cancer reconstruction, followed by a fellowship at Gent University Hospital in Belgium where he specialized in breast reconstruction and fat grafting.
Dr. Franco has an impressive history of publications and presentations and has received many academic achievement awards including the Walter S. Haven Prize, Elizabeth W. Souter Award and the Merck Index Award.
He is currently Clinical Faculty at Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine where he mentors the medical students. He also is a reviewer for the Aesthetic Journal and Annals of Plastic Surgery where he reviews the articles for publication from other plastic surgeons around the world. He currently serves on the Head and Neck cancer team for Baptist Hospital and is on the founding committee for the skull base program. He is an active member of the Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is also an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeon and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Franco has been featured in TV show such as “Ask the Doctors,” magazines such as Miami Shoot and the Miami Herald for his expertise in aesthetic surgery.
Originally from Las Cruces, New Mexico, Dr. Franco is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- MIAMI PLASTIC SURGERY (2011 - 2012)
- Aesthetic Fellowship
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF GENT GENT, BELGIUM Department of Reconstructive Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery August 2011 – September 2011 Clinical Fellowship in Breast, Microsurgery and Fat Grafting CHANG GUNG MEMORIAL HOSPITAL TAOYUAN, TIAWAN Division of Reconstructive Microsurgery July 2011 – August 2011 Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Visiting Scholar in Microsurgery
- SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY SAINT LOUIS, MO School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery (2006 - 2011)
- Plastic Surgery Residency
- UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH AT GALVESTON (2002 - 2006)
- School of Medicine Doctorate in Medicine
- BELOIT COLLEGE (1998 - 2002)
- Bachelor of Science with a Biochemistry major
(0) Patient Reviews