About The doctor
ABMS Board Certifications
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Areas Of Expertise:
Face & Neck, Breasts & Chest, Body & Extremities
Dr. Zelken obtained his undergraduate degree in Biology from Cornell University, then went on to pursue a degree in Medicine at Tufts University, where he spent two years conducting soft tissue research in New York City. After graduating at the top of his medical school class, Dr. Zelken was selected for an integrated plastic surgery residency position at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Zelken served as Chief Resident during his final year at Hopkins and was one of only 6 fellows chosen from a pool of over 80 applicants from around the world to pursue additional fellowship training at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan. In Taiwan, he was exposed to all aspects of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, as well as different aesthetic standards and needs of different cultures.
Dr. Zelken is known for his attention to detail, empathy, and approachability. Driven by the same forces that fueled prior accomplishments, Dr. Zelken has chosen to open the doors to his own private practice, one that embraces positive energy, patient empowerment, and concierge attention. During your consultation, Dr. Zelken will encourage you to open up about your true goals and influences to ensure that you get the result that is right for you.
- Cornell University
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Plastic Surgery
- Preventing Elevated Radix Deformity in Asian Rhinoplasty with a Chimeric Dorsal-Glabellar Construct
- Jonathan A. Zelken, Yen-Chang Hsiao - [ Aesthetic Surgery Journal ]
- Donor Site Aesthetic Enhancement With Preoperative Botulinum Toxin in Forehead Flap Nasal Reconstruction
- Jonathan Zelken, MD, Shih-Yi Yang, MD, Chun-Shin Chang, MD, Cheng-Jen Chang, MD, PhD, Jui-Yung Yang, MD, Shiow-Shuh Chuang, MD, Hung-Chang Chen, MD, and Yen-Chang Hsiao, MD - [ Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. ]
- An Economical Approach to Ethnic Asian Rhinoplasty
- Jonathan Zelken, MD, Chun-Shin Chang, MD, Shiow-Shuh Chuang, MD, Jui-Yung Yang, MD, Yen-Chang Hsiao, MD - [ Johns Hopkins University ]
(0) Patient Reviews