Does Juvederm correct sunken cheeks?

My mother constantly complains about how skinny I look. And I agree that my cheeks would look much better with a bit of a volume, and I guess that the easiest way to get that effect is with an injectable. Juvederm is the most popular one from what I know. Is it ever used for sunken cheeks? Maybe a treatment like this will finally make my mother stop pushing me into eating more every time we meet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing this for her, but she plays an important role in this decision.


F, 28, Utah

Most of us these days will use Juvederm Voluma (not Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus, the original Juvederm approved products) for the cheeks.  Radiesse is also often used on the cheeks.  Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon and consider the pros and the cons. Be certain your surgeon is properly certified. 

Dr. Reza Momeni has 1 Fillers before & after:

Fillers before image performed by Dr. Reza MomeniFillers after image performed by Dr. Reza Momeni

» View Dr. Reza Momeni's full profile

Juvederm is one among many fillers that can be used to volumize the cheek area.  It is probably not the best choice, unless the volume loss is very mild.  Better choices might include Restylane Lyft, Voluma, Sculptra, or your own body fat.  These products tend to be more volumizing per unit of product, and more firm thus providing more structural support (In the case of Lyft and Voluma).  Sculptra and fat have the advantage of lasting longer, and providing more skin rejuvenation.