How can I correct facial asymmetry?

I was born with facial asymmetry, especially noticeable in the eyes and jaw. I'm very pretty but people have always noted how strange that is since my face is so uneven. 

Ive been looking into a chin implant to correct my jaw, which is weak but also has different mandibles on either side.

Wondering if there is also something that can be done about my eyes? Would fillers help? 

Is it common to have a skull scan to see what's actually going on it there?


F, New Hampshire

Tags:asymmetry weak chin

There is likely no need to do a scan to evaluate facial asymmetry.  Most people don't realize that everyone has a facial asymmetry to some degree.  Some people have it worse than others.  To the extent that yours is significant, there are options to decrease the asymmetry.  Bony asymmetries to the cheeks, chin, and jawline can often be improved with implants.  Soft tissue asymmetries can effectively be minimized with fat grafting and/or fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse.  In severe cases, soft tissue from one part of the body (often the back) can be "transplanted" to the face to fill out the deficit.  This is a much more involved option than the others, and is generally done by plastic surgeons trained in microsurgery.