Is there a gynecomastia cure other than getting surgery?

I’ve had man boobs for as long as I can remember. I am now 25 years old and want to know if there is a gynecomastia cure. I would prefer to use a combination of natural supplements and exercise, but if that won’t cure the issue, what else will? Is surgery the only option?


M, 26, Virginia

It depends on what the underlying problem is.  If this is a true gynecomastia and the excess is breast tissue then surgery is indicated.  If it is fat, you may be a candidate for treatment with non-surgical fat reduction such as CoolSculpting.  Supplements and exercise are unlikely to solve the problem.  The starting point should be an in person evaluation to fully diagnose the problem.

The bad news is that nothing but surgery can truly fix the problem of gynecomastia.  The good news is that, in the right hands, it works perfectly with not a lot of down time.  Just seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in this procedure.  Good luck.

Gynecomastia, which is defined as excess tissue on a male chest, is always a combination of fat and breast tissue in varying ratios.  Once breast tissue is established, there is only one way to get rid of it:  surgery.  There are no high tech machines, no exercises, no diet, no natural supplements, etc, which will remove breast tissue. Fat may diminish with appropriate diet and exercise, but the breast tissue will always remain.

For further info, please visit my website which is exclusively devoted to gynecomastia:

Elliot w. Jacobs, MD, FACS

New York City

Dr. Elliot Jacobs has 3 Gynecomastia reduction before & afters:

» View Dr. Elliot Jacobs 's full profile