What can be done about saggy skin?

What can be done about loose skin? I am 60 years old and have loose skin on arms and inner thighs. Is there a non surgical procedure to correct this problem?


F, 63, North Carolina

Tags:woman inner thighs loose skin non surgical

There isn’t a non surgical way to effectively tighten your arm or thigh skin. There is, however, a minimally invasive technique that can be used. BodyTite is a radiofrequency method to reduce fat and tighten skin, and it is great for the areas that bother you. Find a surgeon in your area that offers this, and go for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate. Best of luck!

Dr. Jonathan Heistein has 2 Body Lift before & afters:

Body Lift before image performed by Dr. Jonathan HeisteinBody Lift after image performed by Dr. Jonathan HeisteinBody Lift before image performed by Dr. Jonathan HeisteinBody Lift after image performed by Dr. Jonathan Heistein

» View Dr. Jonathan Heistein's full profile

I think the most promising new minimally invasive treatments for saggy skin are the treatments that heat the skin from underneath. There is ThermiTight and new to the market are Bodytite and J-plasma.  There is some downtime with these treatments but a lot more manageable than surgery.

For very slight saggy skin we recommend either INTRcel RF microneedling or the Agnes RF microneedling especially if there is underlying fatty bulges.

Ken Oleszek, MD

La Fontaine Aesthetics

Denver, CO


Hi Abbott0132,

Liposuction, which is a minimally invasive technique, can sometimes be used on people who only have small fat deposits and enough skin elasticity for it to shrink back after the fat has been removed. Liposuction may also be used in combination with a surgical procedure. But if you have excess skin or hanging bat wings, liposuction by itself is not going to help.

Loose skin on the upper arms often occurs following rapid weight loss. It is also commonly caused by natural aging. Although invasive, brachioplasty surgery is a great way to solve sagging skin in the upper arms.

Hope this helps!