What Injectable Filler is used for Undereye Hollows?

What type of injectable filler is best suited for under eye hollows? Some people say Restylane and some people say Juvederm. Are we doomed to always have multiple options that do the same thing in this world? You would think that there needs to be differences between two products but that does not seem to be the case.


F, 33, California

I like belotero for tear troughs ( under the eyelids) it doesn’t get lumpy and it is a subtle result which works best under the lower lids

I have the best results with Restylane, a filler - It doesn't swell much and smooths out nicely.  Juvederm seems to swell too much. If any irregularities develop, we can fine tune the results easily with a dissolver.  We tell patients it usually take 2 sessions to get the best results.

Ken Oleszek, MD

La Fontaine Aesthetics

Denver, Colorado