What's the Best Way to Treat Sunken Cheeks?

My cheeks are pretty sunken and I am looking for the best way to fix them. What are the best treatments and what are the costs associated with each? It would be nice to understand the pros and cons of each as well. Cost is not too much of a worry but whatever I choose needs to be the best.


F, 47, New York

Tags:woman age 45-54 cheeks deflated cheeks cost fat transfer

It is best to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are many possible treatment options, such as fat transfer or any one of a large number of available skin fillers, etc.  Each method has its pros and cons.  After a physical exam, your surgeon will provide his best recommendations for you.  Good luck!

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS

New York City


Without photos it is nearly impossible to answer your question. Treatment could involve filler, fat grafting or placement of an implant. Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of facial experience and some system to show you on a computer what the results would likely be.