Which Doctors do Hair Restoration?

It seems like a bunch of doctors offer hair restoration techniques. Which ones are technically the most reliable?


M, 34, Virginia

Tags:man age 25-34 balding hair loss options male pattern baldness

You would be amazed at who is doing hair restoration. Any MD or DO can take a course and begin doing this surgery in their office. In our area there are pediatricians and an ophthalmologist who promote themselves as "experts". You should choose a physician with a surgical background, i.e. general surgery, plastic surgery, and one with a lot of experience. Be sure to look at results and talk to former patients. Don't be afraid to ask questions. What is their board certification in? Do they have hospital privileges in case of complications? How many have they done? They should be doing follicular transplants of 1-3 hair units at a time, as this produces the most natural results. Plugs are out.

R. T. Bosshardt, MD, FACS

Tavares, FL