2018 Coolsculpting Review: Consultation, Cost, Results, Before/After Pictures

Tags:age 35-44 excess fat

MikkiGirl 34
$6,500
Before Coolsculpting Front - 2018 Coolsculpting Review: Consultation, Cost, Results, Before/After Pictures - review image.
Before Coolsculpting Side - 2018 Coolsculpting Review: Consultation, Cost, Results, Before/After Pictures - review image.
After Coolsculpting Front - 2018 Coolsculpting Review: Consultation, Cost, Results, Before/After Pictures - review image.
After Coolsculpting Side - 2018 Coolsculpting Review: Consultation, Cost, Results, Before/After Pictures - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

CoolSculpting

Performed 2018

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

What Made Me Decide to Get Coolsculpting?

When I was in my 20s, I never had a problem maintaining a flat stomach. I went to the gym 5-6 days a week and always got a good work out in. My diet was not the healthiest, but it was relatively clean. I stayed far away from fast food restaurants and sugary drinks. I was happy with the way I looked.

Once I got into my 30s, things started to change. I got married and my husband is a big cook. While the meals he cooks are usually healthy, he always makes desert. And despite my best attempts to not eat desert with every meal, I always found it hard to resist. We also go to my in-laws house every Sunday night and they don't always make the healthiest meals (burgers, pasta, etc.). By the time I hit 34, my stomach had started to develop some small love handles and even though I continued going to the gym 6 days a week, the fat would not budge. It was then that I finally understood why they called it 'stubborn fat.' 

My husband saw that I was no happy with my stomach and since he works in medicine, he suggested I see a friend of his who was a plastic surgeon. He said his friend had recently purchased a Coolsculpting machine and told my husband it worked well. I figured he was worth consulting with, especially since he offered free consultations. 

My Coolsculpting Consultation

Upon arriving at the surgeon's office, I had to fill out some basic medical forms. I did not have any existing medical conditions, so this process was pretty straightforward.

Next I had to get changed into a robe and the surgeon pinched my abdomen and flanks to see if I had excess fat or skin. He told me that if it was excess skin, Coolsculpting wouldn't work (that would require excess skin removal surgery). He confirmed that I had excess fat and Coolsculpting would be an ideal treatment for me.

To prepare for the Coolsculpting treatment, the surgeon used two plastic circles that measured the treatment areas to see which size Coolsculpting applicator would work best. He ended up deciding to go with the smaller applicator.

Cost of My Coolsculpting Treatment

The surgeon recommended I receive two treatments per Coolsculpting procedure and said I would need 3 total sessions. The cost for all 3 treatment sessions came out to $6,500.

My Coolsculpting Treatment

Each Coolsculpting treatment took 30 minutes. I had 2 treatments per visit and went back to my doctor's office 3 times. In total, I spent 3-3.5 hours getting Coolsculpting treatments performed.

The treatments themselves are very easy. I had them done in a comfortable room that had a TV I could watch. When the Coolsculpting machine was first turned on, I felt a light pinch, as my skin and fat was pulled into the machine's applicator and then I went numb in that area within 5 minutes of the treatment starting. Then I just lyed there for 30 minutes and before I knew it, the treatment was over.

Each time the applicator was removed after my treatment, my skin was frozen into this block. It looked like a frozen stick of butter. The Coolsculpting nurse would massage it and it would start to flatten out. It did not hurt, because I was numb, it just looked like a a bit strange. 

My Coolsculpting Recovery

My skin remained numb for a week after each treatment, but besides that, I didn't need to recover from the Coolsculpting treatment. I had no downtime at all. I went back to work after each treatment session.

My Coolsculpting Results

It took 5 months to complete all my Coolsculpting treatments and get to my final results. I had a very noticeable decrease in fat in my abdomen and flanks. My stomach is much flatter than it was and I would say Coolsculpting worked well for me. I feel the treatment is very expensive, but at least it produced the results I was looking for.

I've attached 4 before and after photos of my body. There are 2 before and 2 after Coolsculpting photos.