600CC High Profile Silicone Implants Review With Photos and a Video

RocioM 28
$6,000 Dr. Joshua Greenwald Harrison, New York
600CC High Profile Silicone Implants Review With Photos and a Video - review image.
600CC High Profile Silicone Implants Review With Photos and a Video - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2010

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

I am a huge believer in an individual’s choice to opt for plastic surgery. I feel that this is a very personal decision that, when pursued for the right reasons, can have amazing and positive impacts on someone’s life. As someone who finished her Master’s degree by the age of 22 in only 3 semesters, I am also a huge believer and lover of research!! The decision to have any type of plastic surgery should not be taken lightly. Once you've considered, searched for alternatives, and firmly decided that ‘going under the knife’ is the best plan of action for you, the work has just begun.

I had a breast augmentation surgery performed in Westchester, New York almost 7 years ago now and it was one of the best decisions of my life. I always had a small bust size and, although I dreamed of one day miraculously growing boobs, I was overall okay with how I looked. Then I had my son.

I had always wanted to be a young mom and, at 20 years old, my boyfriend of the time and I planned to start a family. I found out I was pregnant a few days before my 21st birthday and could not be more excited! I won’t lie, a thought that crossed my mind was: “My Boobs Are Going to Grow!!!!”. Grow they did! During pregnancy, I went up about a cup size, which really wasn’t much considering I was starting off with an A cup and a small B cup. Yup, just like a huge population of women out there my boobs were noticeably different sizes.

Once my son was born, it took about 3-4 days for my milk to come in. I had already been released from the hospital and remember being back home on the couch one morning resting. My mom walked by the living room and was in shock when she looked at me. I was so sleep deprived and on that new-mom natural high that I had barely noticed my own body. My boobs were suddenly HUGE! I had grown overnight to a milk-full DDD cup!! I was ecstatic!

I breastfed Noel for about 2 months. Unfortunately, he was born with Thrush, also called Candida, which is a common yeast infection type of condition in the baby’s mouth. This is not uncommon and easily treated. However, the mouth is a warm and wet breeding ground for bacteria and overtime he breastfed he was passing the thrush on to me and vice versa. Even with medication we found that we just couldn’t completely eradicate the infection. One day, my now huge boobs started bleeding around my nipples due to the infection and the constant strain of breastfeeding. At this point I felt defeated. I gave up breastfeeding and tried to pump for a couple more weeks but my milk quickly dried out.

Once the milk was gone so were the boobs. I hear stories that many women go up in cup size and STAY there after pregnancy. This wasn’t my case. I may have been okay if my boobs just went back to normal, but this wasn’t my case either. Since they had grown so much then suddenly deflated, I was left with what I considered two floppy mini pancakes - no joke! I basically had two small, floppy, sacks of skin. At 21 I was not prepared to spend the rest of my life with those little guys in my bikini, especially after being teased with large boobs for a short while. I made the decision to have a breast augmentation.

I was terrified at first. I kept going back and forth and struggling with religious ideas. Is what I’m doing wrong? God, (or whatever you believe in) made me this way, am I saying I don’t like myself if I change something? I had many questions flowing through my thoughts every day, yet, I was happy and excited with the idea of getting implants.

Long story short, I began doing massive amounts of research. I found blogs and forums and doctors and as much information as I could. Back in 2009-2010 there wasn’t nearly as many resources as we have now but I did the best I could. Many doctors also offer free consultations. This is a great way to make a list of questions and have them answered by a professional. The best part is, you can have consultations with as many doctors as you need to until you find one that you feel comfortable with.

For me, that doctor was Dr. Joshua Greenwald. I walked into his office with 3 loose leaf pages, back and front, completely hand written full of questions. He was very patient with me and all my some insane, some repetitive, some absurd questions. He eased my fears and was very detailed what exactly I could expect. He did not just yes me and tell me what I wanted to hear. I scheduled my surgery the very same day of my consultation.

On the day of surgery, we spoke one final time about what exactly I wanted. I was set on ending up with a full D/small DD. He originally advised me to opt for a full C/small D. However, the one thing that rang true in all the research, all the forums, every blog, was that everyone’s top regret was not going bigger. I knew myself and knew what I wanted. I should mention that I am also very bottom heavy. I have always had wider hips and a big bottom. I knew that even large boobs would look smaller in comparison on my body. I was young and had my heart set on noticeably big boobs and an hourglass figure. I stuck to my instincts and the doctor went with my decision. In subsequent visits, the doctor even told me that he’s happy he listened to me. He said the size worked out great for my frame and body type and although my bra may say DD it suits me perfectly.

In the end, I ended up with 600cc high profile silicone implants, placed under the muscle via a nipple incision. My final bra size was a 34 DD. I paid $6000 in total for the procedure and would do it again in a heartbeat. To me, they are perfect. Almost 7 years later they still look fantastic and my incision scars and almost completely invisible. Dr Greenwald did such an amazing job at placing the incision directly where my nipple meets my skin so that the scar blends in perfectly. I’ve often showed my boobs to friends who are interested in breast augmentation surgery and asked them to find my incisions. I’ve had some of them analyzing my armpits looking for an incision there. No one has been able to find the scar until I point it out to them.

For more info on my doctor you can find him here:
Dr. Joshua Greenwald
440 Mamaroneck Ave., Suite 412
Harrison, NY 10528
914-421-0113

I've included a video of my experience below. 

Dr. Joshua Greenwald

Harrison, NY - Zwivel Sign 5 (3 reviews)

Joshua Greenwald, MD. FACS - Harrison (New York), Carmel (New York), New York (New York)
Overall doctor rating

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the doctor

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you