Accutane Review 2018: Treatment, Cost, Side Effects, Results and Pictures

Tags:age 25-34 moderate acne

user1851108
$10
After Accutane - Accutane Review 2018: Treatment, Cost, Side Effects, Results and Pictures - review image.
Before Accutane - Accutane Review 2018: Treatment, Cost, Side Effects, Results and Pictures - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Other

Performed 2018

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

I am a 27 year old Male from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. From the age of 16 until 27 I suffered from persistent mild acne. As soon I was able to eliminate a zit, there was another one waiting underneath my skin getting ready to pop up. I reached the point where I basically demanded that my dermatologist put me on Accutane.

Accutane Treatment:

My Accutane course was not nearly as bad as some people online describe it to be. I was placed on 30 mgs twice a day for the first 4 months and 40 mgs twice a day for the last 2 months. During my 6 month treatment, I had to visit the dermatologist each month for a checkup and blood test. 

Accutane Cost:

My Accutane treatment cost $10/month and my monthly visit to the dermatologist had a $20 copay. I had United Healthcare insurance and it covered the majority of my treatment. Without insurance, Accutane can cost $700/month. 

Accutane Side Effects:

For the first 2 weeks of my treatment, I had no side effects. From the week 3-24, I had dry lips and eyes. My dry lips and eyes were easily treated with Carmex and Visine, respectively. In month 5 of my treatment, I experienced minor bone and joint pain. I did not take anything to treatment my joint pain, as it was bearable. 

Accutane Results:

My Accutane results were incredible! I believe that Accutane is an acne cure. 3 weeks into my Accutane treatment, I had no new zits. It’s now been 1 year since my treatment and my skin has remained blemish free. I no longer have to worry about a zit popping up before an event. Life is truly better because of Accutane.

Accutane Before and After Pictures:

I have included 2 photos with this review. The first photo labeled ‘before Accutane’ was me during my worst breakout. I never had cystic acne, but my face and back constantly broke out. The second photo labeled ‘after Accutane’ was snapped 1 month after I completed my Accutane course.

Accutane Tips:

1. Stop using any products that dry out your skin while you’re on Acccutane. I would also recommend not returning to products that dry out your skin after your Accutane treatment.
  2. Buy lip balm, eye drops and a non-comedogenic facial moisturizer. I personally recommend Carmex, Visine and Oil of Olay SPF 15 moisturizer for sensitive skin, respectively. 
  3. You may experience some bone pain, but I would urge you to continue your Accutane treatment. The pain will go away after your acne treatment and your sacrifice will be worth it.