Breast Augmentation Surgery: 34B to 34D With 335CC Silicone Implants. Videos and Photo Inside!

HayleyP 33
Dr. Luis H. Macias, MD, FACS Marina Del Rey, California
Breast Augmentation Surgery: 34B to 34D With 335CC Silicone Implants. Videos and Photo Inside! - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

My name is Hayley Paige and this is my experience with a breast augmentation procedure.

Last March, when I was 24 years old, I underwent breast augmentation surgery with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Luis Macias at Marina Plastic Surgery Center in Marina Del Rey, CA. When I was contemplating different plastic surgeons to visit for my breast enhancement surgery, I looked for a doctor who had the most natural before and after photos and someone who would respect my wishes. I didn’t want it to look like I had breast implant surgery. I wanted a subtle change and Dr. Macias seemed like a great doctor for what I was looking for.

Dr. Macias was a very understanding, thorough, and patient as he listened to all my needs and gave me his best advice. He agreed that going too big would look unnatural and advised me that just a little fullness at the top of my breasts would help round out my breast shape. I had been thinking about getting a breast augmentation for at least a year prior because I wanted more fullness in my breasts. I was originally a 34B and felt I could never achieve cleavage even in the biggest push up bra, so after discussing different sized, I ultimately decided on getting 335 CCs silicone implants, which put my breast size at a 34D. I decided to book my surgery on the day of my initial consultation and the price of my surgery was $5600.

The surgery itself was seamless as it took about three hours total. Since I was knocked out with general anesthesia, it seemed like the procedure was 2 minutes. For some reason, I wasn’t nervous before the surgery and I think that was because Dr. Macias was so reassuring in the pre-op appointments and I trusted him fully.

The post op recovery was a bit challenging, as I was confined to my bed for the first four days and the pain was intense, but nothing I couldn’t handle with pain medication and looking back on it, it wasn’t a quick recovery, but it wasn't unbearable at all. I had the usual bruising and swelling too, but that wasn't unexpected since I had just had breast surgery. Other than that, I did not have any other possible complications like a capsular contracture, infection or excess scar tissue.

A lot has changed since I underwent the surgery. Shortly after the surgery, I became pregnant with my first baby unexpectedly and was very worried about how my new breasts would affect breastfeeding since the procedure was so close to the birth. I had discussed breastfeeding and the impact my new implants would have on it with my doctor and he assured me that although he couldn’t guarantee I could breastfeed because it is due to a lot of other factors, he said that none of his patients reported a problem. I am now successfully breastfeeding my baby and I rarely remember I have implants unless someone brings it up. My scar from the small incision where the breast implants were placed through is barely even noticeable. I have no excess scar tissue, and I can’t feel them at all. I was left with a very natural look! I look like I have real breasts! Looking back on it, I would have pushed my surgery back until after I had children because breastfeeding changes your breasts so much and in all honesty, I would have rather not stressed over whether my implants were affecting my milk supply as much.

Although I regret my surgery, it is not at all because of my doctor’s work or how my breasts look. In fact, I am very happy with my overall results. It is because I am planning on having one to two more children and I know I’ll probably want a breast lift in the future. My doctor truly is the best and I would recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery!

2 patients have found this review helpful

Dr. Luis H. Macias, MD, FACS

Marina Del Rey, CA - Zwivel Sign 5 (57 reviews)

Dr. Luis Macias - Marina Del Rey (California)
Overall doctor rating

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the doctor

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you

Video explaining the cost, pain, my before and after thoughts associated with my breast augmentation procedure.