Highly Recommend Dermaplaning For Anyone With Dry Skin or Enlarged Pores

DaniellaChap Patient gender: Female Patient age: 33 Location: Truro, Cornwall (UK) Cost: $42

Before and afters

Before My Dermaplaning Treatment - Highly Recommend Dermaplaning For Anyone With Dry Skin or Enlarged Pores - review image.
During Dermaplaning Procedure - Highly Recommend Dermaplaning For Anyone With Dry Skin or Enlarged Pores - review image.
After My Dermaplaning Treatment - Highly Recommend Dermaplaning For Anyone With Dry Skin or Enlarged Pores - review image.

Procedure rating

Other

Rating
(5/5)

Performed 2018

Procedure review

As a 30 year old woman, I definitely put a lot more care and attention into my skin than I did when I was younger. I love trying new skincare products and procedures and dermaplaning had peaked my interest as it claimed to have many skin benefits. I was mainly interested in the fact that dermaplaning is an exfoliation treatment that also removes all facial hair.

I went for my first dermaplaning treatment at The Hair Boutique in Truro, Cornwall (UK). When I arrived I was given a consultation with Jo Daden (beauty therapist who would be carrying out the treatment) and I was also asked to complete some paperwork stating any allergies or medical issues I had and other personal details. Jo explained the process of the treatment to me and it was a chance to ask her some questions. One concern I had was whether my facial hair would grow back thicker or more coarse, she assured me it wouldn’t. I also asked if it would be painful at all, again she assured me it wouldn’t, that the procedure was completely pain free. Although it does involve using a scalpol, it is tilted at an angle and moved across the face but would feel more like a credit card being pushed along your skin, so no pain. Jo did tell me that I would probably experience some redness at first but this would soon calm down after a few hours.

Once I was laid on the treatment couch, Jo cleansed and toned my skin to ensure it was clean. She then worked from one side of my face to the other with the scalpol, removing hair and dead skin, then she checked over again to see if there were any areas that needed extra attention and finally applied a moisturiser. The whole treatment took 30 minutes and there was no pain. At no point did I feel at all uncomfortable, however, I did feel a slight tingle on my skin when the moisturiser was applied and my skin definitely looked red when the treatment was over.

The first thing I noticed were the natural oils in my skin, there was no texture or dry patches, just a glowing, dewy complexion. I was told not to apply makeup until the next day.

The following morning was when I noticed the most improvement, my pores (usually enlarged around my T Zone) were much tighter and barely visible. I was pleasantly surprised as I hadn’t realised that would be a benefit of dermaplaning but after numerous failed attempts at trying to hide my pores, I was really happy. I applied my makeup and loved how my skin looked. I hadn’t applied a primer yet my foundation went on so smoothly and the overall look of my skin was smoother, free from texture and I had a healthy glow. The results lasted a few weeks and my facial hair didn’t grow back thicker or more prominent which was a relief.

Overall, I would highly recommend dermaplaning to anyone with dry skin, texture, enlarged pores, or someone with an important event or holiday coming up.

The price for dermaplaning at The Hair Boutique is £30 ($42.00)

Practice & staff rating

• 5/5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5/5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5/5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience rating

• 5/5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5/5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5/5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5/5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you

Tags:age 25-34 dry skin enlarged pores