I Had 1.25 Syringes of Juvederm Injected Into My Lips

Tags:woman age 35-44 lips injection juvederm

keeganD1 39
$750 Manitowoc, WI
Before My Juvederm Lip Filler Injections - I Had 1.25 Syringes of Juvederm Injected Into My Lips  - review image.
After My Juvederm Lip Filler Injections - I Had 1.25 Syringes of Juvederm Injected Into My Lips  - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Lip augmentation

Performed 2017

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

I was coming up on my 40th birthday and wanted to treat myself to some fuller, plumper lips. Although I have had full lips my entire life I was noticing that my fullness and ‘poutiness’ wasn’t there anymore. Also, It was really bothering me that darker lipsticks tended to bleed into the fine lines around my lips and my pout was not as defined as it used to be. I visited a Dermatologist that was located about 35 minutes away from me since there were not a lot of cosmetic Dermatologists in the small town where I lived. I made my appointment and received the treatment on the same day. The Dermatologist applied some topical numbing cream to my lips in the private office and I sat there for about 20 minutes to give the numbing cream time to penetrate and numb my lips sufficiently. The Doc came in and pulled out 2 syringes of Juvederm from individual packages. This office charged by the syringe and she put about one and a quarter syringes in my lips. The rest was used for other treatments. The Doc had me pick out what kind of lips I liked in some magazines to give her an idea of what I was looking for. I told her I wanted more definition in the outline of my lips and some fullness and ‘poutiness’, but not overly done. I could feel that the numbing cream had settled in and was working so she proceeded to start injections. She began filling in the outline of my lips which was extremely painful for me even with the numbing cream. Your lips are such a sensitive area that it can be very painful. Sometimes Docs will even use a dental block, like when you go to the Dentist and they numb you up to fill a cavity. My Dermatologist didn’t offer this and said something about how they weren’t really used that much anymore but I definitely would have opted for that if it had been available to me. I was really wincing in pain for every needle prick around the mouth. Then she proceeded to inject the needle straight into my lip for fullness. That was not nearly as painful for me and I was relieved. She did about 6 more injections directly into my lip and I was finished. My lips were extremely swollen the next few days, which I hear is common with first time injections. I was really embarrassed to be seen in public for about 3 days because my lips looked crazy big. My husband commented that I literally looked as if i had been punched in the mouth. To anyone that saw me within those 3 days, it was really obvious that I had lip filler done and I had to reluctantly divulge my secret. Over the following few days the lip filler began to look more normal and I kept ice packs on it as much as I could to keep the swelling down. I was very relieved once the swelling came down, since I was really starting to freak out about how huge my lips were. Although my lips started looking more normal, the bottom left side of my lip was noticeably bigger and asymmetrical to the opposite side of my lip. It was bothering me so I called to ask the Doc if that was normal. She said to wait a few more days for the swelling to go down even more and call her back if it was still bothering me. It was still the same a few days later so she had me come back to the office where she injected me with a solution that dissolved some of the filler and my lips looked immediately better. After all this, I was pretty pleased with my lips overall, and they lasted almost a full year and a half, which was nice. I believe this was well worth the price. I do, however, feel as if they looked a little ‘lumpy’ for several months and will most likely opt for Restylane next time I get injections in my lips. I hear it gives a softer, less lumpy appearance but it, unfortunately, does not last as long.

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the procedures

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you