Juvederm Review updated September 2018: Procedure, Cost, Pain, Results

user1876236 Patient gender: Female Cost: $2,600

Before and afters

Scarring After Juvederm Injections - Juvederm Review updated September 2018: Procedure, Cost, Pain, Results - review image.
Scarring Before Juvederm Injections - Juvederm Review updated September 2018: Procedure, Cost, Pain, Results - review image.

Procedure rating

Other

Rating
(5/5)

Performed 2018

Procedure review

Why Did I Get Juvederm Injections?

The simple answer to why I decided to get Juvederm injections is that I'm getting old. I turned 40 last year and found out that age is not just a number. I noticed lines on my forehead and bags under my eyes. I always thought I would age gracefully, but convinced myself that if all I needed was some injections under my eyes and Dysport in my forehead, I would opt for that over getting older and less attractive. Lets face it, looks do matter in this world and in the age of social media, everyone watches you age.

Did the Juvederm Injections hurt?

The Juvederm injections did not hurt. I was a bit nervous about the pain, seeing as this was my first time, but my injector used a numbing cream and the Juvederm Voluma XC was infused with lidocaine, a local anesthetic, so I didn't experience any.

How Much Did My Juvederm Cost?

I paid $2600 for 4 syringes of Juvederm Voluma XC.

Did I experience any side effects from Juvederm?

I did not experience any side effects after my Juvederm injections. I had a little bit of swelling, but that's to be expected. The swelling was gone by the following day.

How long will my Juvederm injections last?

The doctor told me my Juvederm injections can last up to 2 years, but recommended I return at the 1 year mark for a follow-up appointment to have a touch up done. I was told that the more frequently I receive Juvederm injections, the longer it will last.

Do I think my Juvederm Injections were worth it?

Absolutely. I look 10-15 years younger than I did before my injections. My under eye bags are gone. The procedure was simple, that other than the cost, there's no reason not to get them.

Tags:age 35-44 under eyes flat cheek bones