Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Dermal Fillers Reviewed! $425/syringe in Scottsdale, AZ

MelanieFrost Patient gender: Female Patient age: 46 Cost: $425

Before and afters

Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Dermal Fillers Reviewed! $425/syringe in Scottsdale, AZ - review image.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC Dermal Fillers Reviewed! $425/syringe in Scottsdale, AZ - review image.

Procedure rating

Fillers

Rating
(5/5)

Performed 2016

Procedure review

My name is Melanie and I have always been a generally happy person and I love to smile. But I’m currently 43 years old, and all that smiling has taken its toll on my face. Now I’m stuck with smile lines, a.k.a. deep creases, in my nasolabial facial folds. And while I still love to smile, I hate looking at my smile lines. I wanted my face to have a more refreshed, younger look.

So, after doing a lot of research I decided that trying Juvederm might be the way to go. Juvederm is supposed to help fill deep lines with long-lasting results, usually lasting at least 9 months. It's also manufactured by Allergan, who also make Botox and own the Coolsculpting brand. My very first experience was not all that however. I live in Phoenix, AZ and I went to a place that specializes in Sports Medicine on a recommendation from a friend that works there. This is not a med spa or a doctor’s office. This is basically a facility that has a doctor who does Botox and Juvederm on the side. On the plus side, it was cheap! In fact, it only cost me $150 since I got to use her employee discount. But the work was unsatisfactory. The problem was that the filler treatment didn’t exactly fill in my wrinkles. What it did do, was leave a line of raised skin at the injection site where the filler went. It probably wasn’t noticeable to most people, but I saw it every time I looked in the mirror and thought that it was a complete waste.

I decided to try it again a year later and found this med spa called Advantage Beauty and Health in Scottsdale, AZ on Groupon that offered amazing deals on Botox, fillers, and the like. Hey, remember I’m cheap!

I originally went in because they had such a great deal on Botox and they did such a wonderful job, I decided to go back there for Juvederm injections as well and have been going here every year since. I absolutely love Susan at Advantage Beauty and Health. She has so much experience, is very honest, and doesn’t try to upsell you on anything. She is also a very talented injector!

Now there are different types of Juvederm filler. But for what I was looking for, Susan recommended the Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. The Ultra Plus XC is better for filling in severe wrinkles, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines. It also contains lidocaine to make the injections less painful.

The first thing she did was put a numbing cream on my face which had to sit there for about 10-15 mins. Next, she went to work on my nasolabial folds. Even with my face numb, I still felt the filler injections. She started next to my nose and it takes a few seconds for the filler to enter the skin. Then she moved down a bit further and did the same with my smile lines. It hurt, but it wasn’t too awful. Since there is lidocaine in the treatment as well, the pain tends to go away after the initial sting. But be advised that it’s not as quick as a shot. If I had to describe it, I would say it’s like a cortisone injection as the needle must stay in your skin until the dermal filler is released.
After the injections, she used her gloved fingers to massage the filler between the inside of my mouth and the skin. It is common to massage injectable fillers to smooth out the hyaluronic acid gel that they're made of.

It did leave a few tiny scabs at the injection sites, but they were gone after a few days. I did not have any bruising or swelling in the injection areas. The results were instantly noticeable. I had no downtime and did not need to refrain from any normal activities. And I absolutely loved it! I instantly has a more youthful appearance after my injections. I now go see Susan at Advantage Beauty and Health every year.

The Juvederm by itself it is currently available at $425 per syringe for either Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. Advantage Beauty and Health is located at 7506 E. Monterey Way, Scottsdale,AZ ,85251, for anyone from that area looking for a great provider!

In summary, I would say fillers are an excellent way to help eliminate facial wrinkles. I did not have any side effects or allergies from either botox or juvederm. I would definitely recommend these treatments, but please make sure to do you research and find knowledgable healthcare providers, who understand the proper techniques to achieve optimal results!