Liposuction of My Flanks, Abdomen and back For $1800 With Dr. Truesdale. Video and Pictures.

Overall procedure rating

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the procedures

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Liposuction

Performed 2017

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

My name is Brandy Bowden. I am 22 years old and reside in Greensboro, North Carolina. Not too long ago, I had a breast lift, augmentation and liposuction. This is my review of my liposuction procedure.

Let me start off by saying that I never had love handles, lots of lower abdomen fat or significant back fat. I did have some excess fat that my plastic surgeon felt would be worth doing some body contouring on while I had my second lift/augmentation surgery performed. Since the surgeon, Dr. Truesdale, recommended it, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of my stubborn fat, since I was going to be knocked out under general anesthesia anyway for my breast lift/aug. My liposuction procedure was going to cost $1800.

The day of the procedure, I arrived at the surgery center early in the morning. I was not nervous for my surgery because this was not my first cosmetic surgery. I had a breast augmentation and lift done 6 months prior. This was a revision surgery for me. This was my first time getting liposuction though. I suffered from obesity when I was younger, but wasn't heavy now. I did have some stubborn fat deposit that I wanted to get rid of, but my saggy breasts were my main issue.

I did not feel the liposuction procedure during the procedure. In addition to general anesthesia, I believe the doctor uses local anesthesia to numb the areas he performed liposuction on. When I woke, it was very painful. I did need pain medication to help me through the recovery process. I had a lot of swelling and bruising. After the procedure, I had to wear a compression garment to pull everything in. I don't listen, so I stopped wearing it after a while and wore a waist trainer.

Let me warn you, liposuction is not a super simple procedure where you go in, get the fat sucked out and within a day or two you're back to normal with less fat. It takes a good 2-3 months before you'll notice results from liposuction. You'll be very swollen until that point. Liposuction is also not a replacement for exercise and dieting. Liposuction just helps you look more lean, or show your lowers abs off more. You still have to maintain your body weight through a healthy lifestyle. It also a good solution to help your problem areas. It will not cause you to lose a significant amount of weight. You should also not confuse liposuction with a tummy tuck, which is a much more involved procedure.

After nearly 3 months, my liposuction scars are so small you can barely see them. I do look more toned in the areas where I had liposuction. Those stubborn fat deposits are now gone. I have also been able to maintain my toned body and haven't developed any new fat in the areas where my procedure was performed.

This procedure, along with my breast lift and augmentation, has really boosted my confidence. I am very confident with my body and my appearance. Before my cosmetic procedures, I wouldn't wear any low cut shirts, and now I feel comfortable in any attire! Dr. Truesdale and his entire staff were amazing and this was a very smooth process for me!

I've attached a video of me explaining the process of getting liposuction. The video also includes my experience getting 2 breast augs and lifts.

Dr. Gerald Truesdale

Greensboro

Greensboro Plastic Surgical Associates - Greensboro