My Breast Augmentation Experience: 425cc round silicone breasts implants for $7,000.

JaclynGlenn
$7,000
Overall procedure rating

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the procedures

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you
My Breast Augmentation Experience: 425cc round silicone breasts implants for $7,000. - review image.
My Breast Augmentation Experience: 425cc round silicone breasts implants for $7,000. - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

I've always been confident with my body image. I'm tall and thin, and although there have been the occasional insults at being too skinny, most comments about my body are positive. Reassurance from others or my general contentment with my overall appearance didn't entirely shut off the part of me that felt a little off - my breast size.

Try as I might, my metabolism is such that putting on weight has never been possible, and this was most noticeable on my chest. For the first 29 years of my life I felt like I was still waiting to hit puberty. Although I never had intimacy problems or complaints from men, it was hard to feel sexy with no boobs... and I mean NO boobs. I was a 32A and had a hard time even filling that out. If I leaned forward in my super push up bra, that little pocket would form between my breast and the bra. Not sexy. Not comfortable.

For some reason, I had a personal stigma against the idea of plastic surgery and getting a breast augmentation. I felt like it would change who I was or devalue me in some way. I'm not exactly sure what it was that shifted my perspective on this. Maybe it was maturity. I started thinking that if it makes someone else happy, who am I to judge? If there's a procedure out there that can make a person feel more confident and they can afford it, why not? Then I applied this logic to myself. I realized that I don't have to live like this forever. I can have curves if I want them. If I want to finally wear lingerie and feel like a woman instead of a girl, then damnit I should do something about it.

It wasn't long after that revelation that I began my search for a plastic surgeon for my breast implant surgery. Since I live in Los Angeles, there were no shortage of options. I scoured the internet for physicians near me that had before and after photos I liked, and finally landed on a page that I felt had excellent results. A few days later I had my initial consult with Dr. Louis Mandris at Beverly Hills Physicians, a board certified plastic surgeon. After speaking with him and his team I decided to go with 425cc round silicone breasts implants for $7,000.

The procedure was very quick. It was done a surgery center at his office. He chose to go the transaxillary route, which means the incision sites were made under my arm pits. It took less than an hour to complete my breast augmentation surgery and the rest of that day was a blur. The following four days were extremely painful. It was difficult to move and my chest felt like it was on fire. The pain killers and anesthesia also made me extremely emotional. It felt like a week of PMS. I remember looking in the mirror several times those first few days and just breaking down because I saw swollen boobs in the mirror and it wasn't at all what I wanted. They were too big! They looked fake! It was hard to comprehend in those moments that the swelling would reduce and that over time my breasts would fall and settle into something much more natural looking.

I am currently 2 months post op and feel amazing. I'm working on massaging them several times a day and will keep doing so over the next few months as they continue to settle. My last fitting at Victoria's Secret had me comfortably fitting in a 32D! I have absolutely no regrets about getting breast implants. I am very happy with my cup size now. I woke up one day and erased an insecurity that I'd been carrying around with me my entire adult life. I only wish I'd done it sooner. If you're natural happy with your natural breasts, do something about it! My breast augmentation experience was amazing. I could not be happier!

If you're interested in my breast augmentation story, I'll leave links to my videos below. I documented every day of my recovery including the day of surgery. Enjoy and best of luck to you!

2 patients have found this review helpful

Dr. Louis Mandris

Rancho Cucamonga

Why I got a BA:

Consultation:

Day of Surgery:

Day 2 After Surgery:

Day 3-4 After Surgery:

Final Days of Recovery From My Breast Augmentation: