My Experience Getting 560CC Silicone Gel Smooth Breast Implants

KierstenZim
$8,500
My Experience Getting 560CC Silicone Gel Smooth Breast Implants - review image.
My Experience Getting 560CC Silicone Gel Smooth Breast Implants - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

Hello, my name is Kiersten Zimmermann and I am 19 years old from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I got a breast augmentation with Dr. Korus, a plastic surgeon in Edmonton over three weeks ago. I decided to do 560cc silicone implants underneath the muscle and I couldn’t be happier with the results.

The whole reasoning behind my decision for getting a breast augmentation was the fact that I had lost close to 90lbs! I was confident with my body but I always felt my breasts held me back from true happiness. One day I decided this was something I wanted to do. I had no hesitations and started on my journey of finding the right doctor. I did a crazy amount of research ahead of time and went on initial consultations with 3-5 different surgeons. I took my time to ask them the proper questions, made sure that I felt comfortable with them and that they were board certified. I have heard way too many horror breast augmentation stories about individuals who went to surgeons who weren’t certified. I knew what my budget was and I didn’t want to budge. I got quoted $15,000 from one surgeon and there was no way in the world that I was paying that. Dr. Korus quoted me $8500... at the beginning I was a little hesitant because I felt it was 'too cheap' (which that wasn't the case) as I continued to look around at my options for surgeons I realized how amazing Dr. Korus really was. She took the time to listen and educate me during my initial consult and was a tremendous help with this HUGE step in my life. I always felt at ease and she always let me come in whenever I had questions, she never made me feel like what I was doing was a burden on her.

The day of surgery I wasn't nervous at all because I knew this was something that I wanted for a long time. I showed up at the surgery center at 8:30 am to be marked and prepped for the operating room. Everyone in the pre-op facility was so kind, never once did I feel uneasy. Dr. Korus asked me again if I had any further questions, which I didn’t and before I knew it I was walking into the OR. The one thing that stood out to me was the fact that everyone in the OR was a female, which was kind of a relief, because I felt more comfortable.

Not before long, I was knocked out with anesthesia and woke up in the post-op recovery room, where I remained for an hour before I could go home. As soon as I woke up, I felt a huge pressure on my chest, almost like a baby elephant was sitting on me. I was extremely tight but was reassured that it was normal. About a half an hour after waking up from surgery I started to get nauseated, which I informed the nurses about and they gave me some medicine to help with this. The car ride home was very painful but I ended up laying on the couch as soon as I got home, behind me I had 3 pillows which helped A LOT. Honestly my mom was so amazing. It is tough to get up by yourself the first 3-4 days so she would always be there as a helping hand. The first few nights were nightmares since I am used to sleeping on my side and front. Sleeping on my back was something that was tough to get used to. I also ended up throwing up the first night due to the anesthetics which were getting flushed out of my system. I am a baby, so experiencing nausea and vomiting was for sure one of the crappiest parts of the recovery process. Each week I was surprised with how much my breasts progressed. They were starting to look like natural breasts (which is what I wanted). After 2 weeks, I saw Dr. Korus and she said my new boobs were settling super well and told me to massage them for 5 minutes each day. She said I could return to the gym but lightly and with caution ,which is what I have been doing, since I am a gym junkie!

In all honesty picking the surgeon I did was the best decision I could have ever made. Everyone mentions how great they look and I am so confident without double push up bras!!! Or bras at all ;) If you are in Edmonton or the surrounding area I would recommend going to Dr. Korus 100000000%! Hope this helped you out a bit in regards to breast augmentations and the 'recovery'.

Update: I've been asked questions about the long term risk of breast implants causing cancer. I was told that it is only the textured silicone gel implants that may potentially cause cancer. I had smooth silicone gel breast implants laced under my pectoral muscles, which are not known to cause cancer.

2 patients have found this review helpful

Dr. Lisa Korus

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the procedures

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you

Here's a video of my breast augmentation experience for those of you that are interested: