My Tummy Tuck Restored My Confidence

ParkerJ Patient gender: Female Patient age: 45 Cost: $8,200

Before and afters

Stomach Before Tummy Tuck Surgery - My Tummy Tuck Restored My Confidence  - review image.
Stomach From the Side Before Tummy Tuck Surgery - My Tummy Tuck Restored My Confidence  - review image.
Front of Stomach After Tummy Tuck Surgery - My Tummy Tuck Restored My Confidence  - review image.
Side of Stomach After Tummy Tuck Surgery - My Tummy Tuck Restored My Confidence  - review image.

Procedure rating

Tummy tuck


Performed 2017

Procedure review

I thought about getting a tummy tuck for about a year, and it took me a good 8 months to finally act and find a doctor. I was interested in a tummy tuck because I had gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and was left with an abdomen that looked disgusting. I had always been a fit person and have even warned my husband that my flat stomach was not going to exist after the birth of our child. He was very understanding, but I know some men wonder when their wife is no longer as attractive and I love my husband and wanted him to still be physically attracted to me.

Prior to making the decision that tummy tuck surgery was my only option, I tried some weight loss systems like the tummy tuck belt, but it was worthless. It did not give me a flat belly, I didn't lose a pound using it and believe it's a complete scam. If you're even thinking of getting one, please do yourself a favor and read all the negative customer reviews on Amazon's website. Many of the positive reviews on there were likely written by the company who makes the belt. Don't believe them! It's a complete waste of money!

Realizing that surgery was the only option for me to get my flat belly back, I started seeking out a plastic surgeon. I asked my friends for recommendations, Googled as many doctors as possible and eventually found the doctor I picked after 8 months of research and consultations. I picked my doctor because he had good bedside manner, great before and after photos and was very patient answering all of the questions I had before I picked him.

The toughest part of my whole tummy tuck experience was the emotions running through my head on the day I had my operation and the first week of my recovery. My doctor had told me I would need 4-6 weeks of recovery time, but it took me a good 2 months to completely get back to normal. The first few weeks I was filled with different emotions.

The first week, I was super happy to see that my stretch marks were gone. I could also see the outline of my abs at day 3 nut I was still struggling getting around because I had pain and two drains hanging down from my abdomen. I couldn't even stand looking at my drains. They filled with watery blood on a daily basis and my husband had to help me empty them because I couldn't stretch down at all to deal with them. I was very sore and needed to sleep in a reclining chair for the first 10 days post-op. Laying down in bed would have been very uncomfortable, so I didn't even attempt to. I also had cotton mouth from the pain medication I was on, and I needed to take it regularly to control my pain.

I took 2 weeks off from work and I would suggest you take 3 weeks off. It took a week before my drains were removed and 2 weeks before the gauze around my sutures and new belly button were off. My compression garment didn't help with being mobile either. I was sore for a good month before I felt relatively normal. I'm lucky because I have a desk job and I didn't have to move a lot during the day. Getting in and out of my car was a challenge though. My swelling took a good 3-4 weeks to go down 70% and the remaining 30% went away over the next 2-3 months. My belly was bruised for 2-3 weeks too.

Here I am 10 months after surgery and I'm really happy with the way I look. My new tummy looks great and all of the excess skin I had is now gone. My stomach is flat and I feel like I did before I got pregnant. My tummy tuck cost $8,200 with everything I needed - plastic surgery isn't cheap! It was worth every dollar though, because I know I would have never felt this good about my body if I had not gone through with my tummy tuck. I know I made the right choice and except for the damage to our credit cards, my husband likes my new tummy too!

Tags:age 35-44 excess skin