Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City

Tags:age 18-24 acne acne scarring

aarbucci 21
Left Side of My Face After Chemical Peel - Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City  - review image.
Front of Face After Chemical Peel - Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City  - review image.
Right of Face After Chemical Peel - Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City  - review image.
Right Side of Face Before Chemical Peel - Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City  - review image.
Left Side of Face Before Chemical Peel - Review of My Chemical Peel in 2018 at Beauty Fix Medspa in New York City  - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Chemical Peel

Performed 2018

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

My name is Alana Arbucci, I am a 20-year-old, and I live in Connecticut. I started a YouTube channel a little over a year ago, and as of right now my most viewed video is about my non-surgical nose job that I had done at Beauty Fix MedSpa in New York, NY. Because that video brought a number of clients to Beauty Fix, they had me pick a few different treatments, free of charge. I decided to go with lip fillers, and a chemical peel. I would just like to say that I am so grateful for this opportunity. Without Beauty Fix, I would not have been able to get a chemical peel, which means I wouldn’t have been able to share this experience with you guys and help you make your decision on where to go. So, thank you Beauty Fix, and thank you to anyone who watched that video!

Now on to the chemical peel. Growing up, I had pretty bad acne. My forehead was my worst area, but now the only place I really breakout is around my mouth, which is usually hormonal. When I say “breakout," I want to be clear that my breakouts now are nothing like they were in the past. I used to have maybe 10 pimples per breakout, now I have 1-3 and they aren’t bad unless I pick them. It is so hard to deal with acne, especially during those sensitive years of your life, so I am extremely thankful that it has calmed down. However, one thing that the acne has left behind, is scaring. I have light skin and my scars usually fade, but before the peel, I did have some redness and scarring on my forehead and around my mouth area. I went into this peel wanting two things. One, to avoid future breakouts, which I was told the peel would accomplish because it kills all the bad bacteria on your skin, and two, I wanted to reduce the appearance of acne scars/redness.

I went in for the chemical peel on February 17th, 2018. On the day of my peel, I also got my lips done. I have attached a full video of my chemical peel experience with this review and my lip filler has a video too. You can find that review here. Anyway, I did my lips first and then I was taken upstairs for my chemical peel. I do not know the name of the women who did my peel. I think that this woman does all of the facial treatments at Beauty Fix, because last time I went in for microdermabrasion, it was the same woman. She is very friendly and informative, and she let me film in the room, which was nice. She also explained the process and the aftercare to me very thoroughly. The application and removal of the peel took all of 5 minutes. My makeup was removed, I lied down, and the chemical was applied all over my face and neck. It started to sting after a few seconds of it being applied, and then it was removed.

The peeling process was said to start within three days, however, I noticed my skin getting very dry and started to mildly peel the next day. I was happy about this, because I hate the feeling of having dry skin so much, that I was very excited for all my skin to peel and for the process to be over. At one point, I actually used Vaseline on my face, just so I could open my mouth enough for me to eat comfortably. I was a little hesitant to do this, because I thought it would clog my pores, but after doing a little bit of research, I was reassured that this would not happen and it didn’t. It actually makes your skin really soft and healthy looking.

After a full week, I was all peeled and it felt great! My makeup goes on so much smoother now, my scars are a lot less visible, and I have not had any breakouts since the peel (I am writing this on March 16th, 2018). I did have one pimple on my chin, but it was a cyst, so I left it alone (which was hard for me to do) and it eventually healed.

I would recommend this treatment, however, it is hard to deal with the feeling of extremely dry skin. I do think that it is worth it to deal with the discomfort, but make sure you are moisturizing and do not have a really special event to go to, because peeling skin looks kind of crazy under makeup!