Silicone Breast Implant Surgery Experience, $5500, Miami, FL + Pictures

KimLundquist 28
$1
Silicone Breast Implant Surgery Experience, $5500, Miami, FL + Pictures - review image.
Silicone Breast Implant Surgery Experience, $5500, Miami, FL + Pictures - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(4/5)

For years, I've always wanted to get breast augmentation surgery not because I was self-conscious or had a lack of self-confidence of my real breasts, but mostly so I did not have to wear a bra. Sounds weird, right… well growing up as a very athletic female, my body frame is rather thick on the bottom and small at the top. I wanted to fill out the upper part of my body and look more feminine. Also, my mother underwent breast enhancement surgery and absolutely fell in love with her breast implants and had a great overall experience with her surgeon. I decided plastic surgery would be my best option for me and consulted with a plastic surgeon.

From the second I walked into Dr. Leonard Hochstein’s office for my consultation for my breast augmentation, I felt nothing but welcomed, from the receptionist to the final step of my appointment with the office manager. Knowing that Dr. Hochstein is one of the most known “boob doctors” in Miami, is a board certified plastic surgeon and has one of the busiest offices I've seen, I knew I was in good hands. Once it was my turn for my consultation with Dr. Hochstein, he was nothing but nice, friendly, very patient and knowledgeable - let’s just say I left his office with no questions unanswered (my mother was even able to sneak a few questions of her own in there that he answered). We decided silicone implants were the best option for and would give me the most natural results.

Honestly, the worst part of this entire process was not having to be put under general anesthesia for this surgical procedure, it was waking up in the recovery room with horrific pain. I was also nervous I would wake up and not “like” how my “girls" turned out. Believe it or not, I had a terrible nightmare about the size I chose for my implants, woke up and called my doctor and told him I wanted to go much smaller than my origina, larger size I picked. Dr. Hochstein (who was amazing) told me I did not have to choose at that point in time on the size if I was not 100% confident with it and I would be able to decide on the morning of my surgery.

Immediately after surgery, I woke up with the worst pain on my chest. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest along with a lot of burning. I was told that not everyone experiences these symptoms. The nurses in the recovery room took amazing care of me and made sure I was stable before they got me dressed and helped me into the car. On the way home, I could feel every little bump in the road and it felt like I was dying (not really but you get the idea). Once I got home, my mother helped me into bed and I pretty much slept the rest of the day.

On the second day, my pain was still as bad at the first. For the first time, I was able to unzip my jacket and get a peek of my new girls. I won’t lie they seem a lot larger than I expected and was a little nervous but my mother assured me that I was very swollen and the swelling would go down. Since my surgery was on a Friday, I had the whole weekend to relax and recover before I had to go back to Dr. Hochstein to get my bandages removed. Thank god, because the pain was so bad.

Monday morning come around and it was time for me to get my bandages removed and for the first time I would get to see my new breasts. The doctor and nurses came in and told me this may hurt a little bit (since the bandages were tape that went across the top of my chest and then under my breast to keep them in place), let’s just say removing the bandages was not pleasant. Once the bandages came off, Dr. Hochstein came in and showed me exercises I had to do for the next couple of weeks.

Once everything was removed I was more than pleased with my results of my breast augmentation. I had little to no bruising on my chest and my implants were perfectly placed, even with the swelling. Everyday my pain and swelling went down considerably and I did not have any feeling in my breasts for a few months after.

Overall, I’m happy with my results. They aren’t perfect (especially in my own eyes and a lot of working out) but I think it was an overall improvement so I’m happy with it. To my surprise, I did not get stretch marks which was one of my concerns along with getting my feeling back in my nipples, which I did. I highly recommend my doctor, Dr. Hochstein for anyone’s future breast augmentations.

For those wondering, the cost of my breast surgery was $5,500.

Better shot of my before picture. 

Breasts  Chest - Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants, submitted image.