Silikon 1000 Fillers for Depressed Acne Scars Review w/ Cost and Pictures

Tags:age 25-34 acne scarring Silikon Depressed Acne Scars

EQuiambao
$200

Practice & Staff

• 5 -
    Ease of scheduling an appointment
  • 5 -
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort...
  • 5 -
    Staff friendliness and courteousness

Overall experience with the procedures

• 5 -
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
  • 5 -
    How well provider explained procedure(s)
  • 5 -
    How well provider listens to and answers questions
  • 5 -
    Amount of time provider spent with you
Before Laser Treatment - Silikon 1000 Fillers for Depressed Acne Scars Review w/ Cost and Pictures - review image.
Before/After Laser Treatment - Silikon 1000 Fillers for Depressed Acne Scars Review w/ Cost and Pictures - review image.
After Laser Treatment - Silikon 1000 Fillers for Depressed Acne Scars Review w/ Cost and Pictures - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Acne scar treatment

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

My Experience with Silikon 1000 Fillers for Depressed Acne Scars

My doctor: Dr. Peter Rullan, Chula Vista, CA

I'm 26 and live in San Diego, CA. After my severe acne breakout in 2014, I was left with a lot of atrophic and depressed acne scars, especially on my cheeks and temples.

For those of you who know little about how acne scars form, they're created when your acne lesions damage the underlying collagen that supports your skin. When the collage is normal, your skin appears smooth. When it's damaged, the collagen fibers anchor your skin the underlying scar tissue, creating depressions on your skin.

I decided to do some about my acne scars and met with a doctor. He informed me that injectable fillers would help the minimize the sunken appearance of my scars by filling in the depressed areas and thereby lifting the scars. Dr. Peter Rullan from the Dermatology institute located in San Diego, California, performed the procedure. On July 1st, 2016, I received my second round of Silikon 1000 dermal fillers. Dr. Rullan informed me that Silikon 1000 is a permanent, long-lasting facial filler, which doesn't dissolve over time and is used to treat deep acne scars. (Vs. temporary fillers like Juvederm or Restylane, which are used to fill in nasolabial folds, etc.). At first I was a little apprehensive about getting the procedure done, but he assured me that Silikon 1000, when injected by a highly-skilled physician, is safe and effective. Silikon 1000 is manufactured by Alcon Laboratories, a large biotech company, and it's FDA approved, meaning it's met certain safety and effectiveness criteria to be on the market.

Before the procedure, the nurse gave me ice packs which I placed on my cheeks and temples. No numbing cream or local anesthetic was needed for this, as they informed me I would only feel a slight prick from the insertion of the needle. The dermatologist used overhead lighting to locate each atrophic scar and slowly began to fill the scar using a technique called the micro-droplet technique. Dr. Rullan informed me that he would do small injections of Silikon 1000 into each scar, to avoid over-filling. After he injected each scar, he massaged my skin to get rid of any hard bumps or lumps that were present. The procedure was relatively quick and painless. He informed me that the redness and bumpiness from the injections sites would dissipate after a couple days. I also had some very flight bruising, which went away quickly. The after-care procedure was simple. I was told to use a gentle cleanser and to moisturize my face twice a day. By day four, the redness and bumpiness from the injection sites faded and I noticed a dramatic reduction in my acne scars. I had great results and was extremely satisfied with the procedure because of how instantaneous I could see a difference in my skin. I plan on going back for 1 more treatment just for touch-ups. The cost of the procedure was around $200. The photo below is a picture of the right side of my face, four days after my second treatment of Silikon 1000 fillers.