Successful Breast Augmentation Surgery - $4500 - Pictures & Review!

Tags:breasts too small 1 year post-op saline implants

AliN91 27
$4,500 Dr. Robert Colgrove Atlanta, Georgia
Before Breast Augmentation Surgery - 32B - Successful Breast Augmentation Surgery - $4500 - Pictures & Review! - review image.
After Breast Augmentation Surgery - 34 D - Successful Breast Augmentation Surgery - $4500 - Pictures & Review! - review image.

Procedure specific satisfaction rating

Breast augmentation - Silicone breast implants

Performed 2016

Zwivel Rating
(5/5)

My name is Alicia and I am 26 years old from Atlanta Georgia. I recently got a breast augmentation from Dr. Robert Colgrove. He is a board certified plastic surgeon located here in Atlanta. The reason I chose him was because I met a few woman who had gone to him and I thought that his work looked great. It was natural looking and thats what I was looking for. I'll tell you a bit about my journey to get my breasts done.

I have known since the beginning of college (Emory) that I was interested in getting my breasts done. Although my parents could afford getting me breast implants, they insisted that if this was something that I wanted, I would have to pay for them. I told them if they just paid I would pay them back but this is the stance they took. I think it was a combination of not wanting me to get them and also a lesson that if I wanted something I had to work for it.

So I knew when I was about 20 years old that I wanted to get my boobs done, however it wasn't until I was 25 that I had saved up enough money to actually get the procedure done. The procedure ended up costing me around $4500. Before the procedure my breast size 32 B and now after I am currently a 34 D. During my initial consultation, Dr. Colgrove showed me different sizes and I didn't really know the correct size to choose. I told him that I wanted to have proper curves for my body and I would trust him to put the implant that he thought fit me best. They actually look like natural breasts because I am not super slender. I have some curves - I am about 5'5" 145 lbs. Anyway I will let you in on my journey through the procedure.

The night before the surgery I didn't get any sleep. I had my own apartment but was sleeping at my parents house so my mom could try me to the surgery center and of course drive me home. When I arrived at the surgery center they checked me in for my breast enhancement and took me back to my pre-op room. The doctor came in and asked if I was nervous and told me not to worry and everything was going to be alright. They administered the general anesthesia and the next thing I knew I woke up in my post-op room.

The procedure had taken only like 2-3 hours but of course to me if felt like 2-3 minutes because of the anesthesia. I was very scared to get put out because I never had before and of course I have read all the horror stories on the internet with people being put under and never waking up. But honestly it really was no big deal and I think that if you are at a trusted doctors office you should feel confident that everything is going to go smoothly. Breast augmentation is a common procedure that some doctors do 100's of a year, so there is really no need to worry.

The type of implants that I got were silicone implants and they were placed under the muscle. Obviously I am no doctor but I would recommend to get the implants under the muscle. I have heard girls who get it over the muscle are more susceptible to complications. Plus under the muscle definitely feels pretty natural.

When I woke up from surgery I felt very groggy. I even began to shake a bit as I weened off of the anesthesia. My mom gave me some sort of juice and told me to slowly sip on it to get some electrolytes back into my system. I 100% felt the huge weight on my chest now. It felt like a textbook was just sitting on my chest. I remember trying to stand up and walk around and I was quickly stopped by the nurse asking where I was going! I guess I was loopy from the pain medication.

Eventually we left the surgery center and we went back to my parents house. I had this surgery towards the second half of December, because my plan was my vacation days combined with my companies vacation days would give me enough time to rest and heal before eventually going back to work in the new year. I suggest anyone getting the procedure done to give yourself more than enough time to heal. You are probably going to think you are the "exception" and you healed really fast from your breast surgery, but there are complications that could arise by a weird sudden movement or even just sweating in a hot area could affect your healing.

Literally for the first 3 days I didn't leave my house. I wasn't really in a lot of pain or anything I was just super cautious of letting my body heal. I probably slept 16 hours a day and just relaxed. Each day the weight on my chest felt a little better and I was starting to adjust more. The augmentation for my silicone breast implants were under the breast so when I finally looked at my breasts after a couple days I saw the scars. They really weren't so bad and I knew that they would fade with time.

When I went back to the doctor for a check up he told me about some important stretches that I should do to keep the mobility in my upper body. I should stretch my arms a lot and also massage my breast tissue. He told me that the breasts would be quite firm now since I just had the surgery done but over time they would become softer.

The only thing that I really did not like was how long I had to wait before exercising. I was told not to exercise anything in my upper body for at least 6 weeks - but even in the beginning (first couple weeks) I was told to stay off of my feet as much as possible. I was told not even to go for walks around my neighborhood. This was rough and made me feel a bit gross, but I got through it. Even after 6 weeks my upper body was tough to workout so I stuck to booty work outs and the elliptical.

Overall, I wouldn't say that I have had too many negative side effects from my breast augmentation procedure. My nipples and breast tissue may be a little less sensitive than they were before but nothing that alarms me. The doctor also told me that breastfeeding when I have kids is still a possibility with my implants. Again, this is one year out so the first few weeks aren't a cake walk but I would not call those side effects. You just need to follow the doctors orders and please rest. Don't try and be a super hero and try and heal faster than possible.

I am very thrilled with my plastic surgery. Getting cosmetic surgery was a big step for me because it definitely gave me more confidence and I feel a lot better about my body. I know a lot of negative people will troll you for not loving your body, but I don't see anything wrong with doing something that is going to make you happier. Unfortunately we can't choose our breast size when we are born, so there are some things that might need to be adjusted to live a happy life. Good luck with anyone looking to get this procedure done, I can proudly say it was the best thing I could have done!

2 patients have found this review helpful

Dr. Robert Colgrove

Atlanta, GA - No reviews

Vinings Surgery Center - Atlanta (Georgia)
Overall doctor rating