What liposuction techniques can be used for knee liposuction?
I have done some research about different techniques for standard liposuction such as tumescent, laser-assisted, and power-assisted liposuction. I am sure that there are other techniques as well. Can all of these techniques also be used for knee liposuction?
After shedding more than just a few pounds with no improvement in the shape of my knees, I knew that knee liposuction was the only option for me, and I was surprised to find out that there are actually a couple of different liposuction procedure techniques. Tumescent liposuction tends to be the more common and safer surgical procedure, which is what I opted for. I was able to have it done under local anesthesia and lidocaine, and I am very pleased with the removal of my excess fat in the knee area.
Other options include power-assisted, ultrasound-assisted, and laser-assisted. They are all effective, each with its own benefits. Power-assisted tends to be more efficient and effective in getting rid of the fatty tissue. Ultrasound-assisted is usually more precise in extracting the fat cells, and laser-assisted has been known to be associated with less pain, swelling, and bruising post procedure. Essentially, they're all great options. You just have to decide which one fits your needs, and be able to find a board certified surgeon with experience performing the one that you pick. Some patients getting knee liposuction will combine it with thigh liposuction so that could play a part in which technique is used. Lipo to the inner thigh is common with knee lipo because its aesthetically pleasing to have both areas contoured to fit the proper proportions of your body.
I always like to do my homework before making a big decision and getting knee liposuction was no different! Before having the procedure I wanted to find out what types of techniques can be used for knee liposuction and found that there are quite a few. The most common technique is tumescent liposuction and it is a very safe technique. Some other common techniques include power assisted, laser liposuction and ultrasound assisted liposuction. Ultimately my doctor and I decided that I was a good candidate for tumescent liposuction, as this is a very safe and effective technique. It was nice that I learned about which techniques are most effective before the procedure.
In recent years, many types of liposuction techniques have been developed. Others, like Zerona Laser Slimming Treatment, VelaShape, and Lipodissolve, actually dissolve your fatty deposits without surgery. However, I would advise you not to look at catchy names, trademarks, or marketing strategies while considering a knee liposuction technique.
There are four major variants of liposuction techniques that can be successfully used to perform surgery on your knee. Your surgeon will choose which one of the following to use depending on their training, experience and the effectiveness of the technique on different knees and knee parts.
• Power-Assisted Liposuction uses motorized cannulas that vibrate fast and efficiently across the treated area.
• Tumescent liposuction is very common among surgeons for its safety and effectiveness. It uses a wetting solution that involves a local anesthetic.
• Laser-Assisted Liposuction is preferred in the treatment of smaller, harder to access knee parts.
• Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction uses a specialized cannula that transmits several ultrasonic vibrations to the body.
Over the years, different liposuction techniques have been introduced. These methods dissolve fat deposits without surgery. Four primary techniques that are commonly used are:
- Power-Assisted Liposuction, which uses cannulas that tremble vigorously across the area being treated.
- Tumescent Liposuction, which is the safest and effective. It involves a wetting solution and a local anesthesia.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction is ideal in the treatment of minor, hard to access knee parts.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction involves a specific cannula that transfers ultrasonic vibrations to the body.