What do we collect?
Every time you visit our Site, our Web server automatically collects certain non-personally identifiable information about you such as your Internet service provider's address, the referring URL, and information on the pages you access on our Site. We collect this information to help diagnose problems, administer our Site and track usage statistics. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate; that is, it is entered into our database where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not individual reports that identify you personally.
We also collect personally identifiable information that you provide, such as information you provide when you register on our site, for example, your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your business and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
If you are processing transactions through the Site, we collect credit card information which will be used for billing purposes.
Finally, we may have access to your “personal health information” (“PHI”) as such phrase is defined under the privacy and security rules adopted pursuant to the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules”). PHI is information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name, date of birth, address or other information), and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care. We understand that your PHI is very personal and value your trust in sharing this confidential information with us.
What are “cookies”?
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect to provide the Services (as defined in the Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for Individual Users and Terms and Conditions of Use for Participating Health Care Providers, collectively referred to herein as the “Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use”), improve our communications, improve our content and offerings, and analyze Site usage, among other purposes. Also, we use the information we collect to troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and enforce the Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
Additionally, the information we collect is used:
- generally to improve the content and layout of our Site
- to improve the content and layout of our Site for individual visitors
- to notify you about updates to our Site
- to contact you for marketing purposes
- for internal review
When you supply us with personal information, and indicate your consent to receive promotional information, the information you provide will be added to our customer file. You may receive periodic mailings from us. If you do not want to receive such mailings from us, then please contact us at [email protected] to remove yourself from our contact list.
We may send you e-mails with information on new Services or otherwise related to the Site. If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future, please contact us at [email protected] to remove yourself from our e-mail list. We reserve the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We contract with third-party service providers in order to operate our business, including the healthcare providers participating in consultation services offered through the Site (the “Participating Health Care Providers”). Those service providers may need access to your information to perform fulfillment and other services. We undertake to provide only that portion of your information needed to perform the pertinent service, and we require that all service providers hold your information in confidence and use it only to provide the service for which they have been engaged.
We limit access to your PHI to the Participating Health Care Providers you select for receipt of your PHI, the Participating Health Care Providers who may match your search criteria while you utilize the Services, or other Participating Health Care Providers that we determine may want to discuss your PHI with you based upon criteria you provide to the Company.
Only those employees and authorized agents of the Company who need your information in order to assist in providing the Services have access to your PHI under controlled conditions. We use appropriate policies and procedures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your PHI as may be required by applicable law.
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties (other than marketers) only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the Services, 2) legally required, or 3) permitted by you.
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation and may otherwise disclose your information in accordance with applicable law. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law (for example, to respond to a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
The Social Platforms (as defined in the Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use), to the extent such platforms have been created, may contain sections where users can submit and publish comments, questions and answers. We do not actively monitor these sections, and the Company, its affiliates, the Participating Health Care Providers and our content licensors assume no liability for any content therein, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. If we are alerted to something we deem inappropriate in any way, we may delete it at our discretion. Do not offer any personal information in any content you submit, unless you want that information displayed publicly to the online world.
How do you know your information is secure?
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site so you can feel comfortable and secure. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration or that your information may not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
When you enter sensitive information (such as PHI or any credit card information) through the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When you see either a solid key icon or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your browser window, then your site is secured through SSL. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving your sensitive information on our Site. If you do not see one of these icons, please contact your Internet service provider.
Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting PHI or credit card numbers.
HIPAA Authorization To Use PHI (“Authorization”)
- You authorize the Company to disclose any of your PHI to any Participating Health Care Provider in order for the Company to provide the Services as set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use for Individual Users.
- Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules as well as any other applicable laws of any nature and description governing the privacy of an individual’s health or other information, by agreeing to this Authorization, you agree as follows:
- You acknowledge that the Company, its owners, shareholders, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates and their respective successors and assigns are not, in the operation of the Site, acting as providers of health care services. Rather, the Company provides Services to users of www.zwivel.com who are interested in learning more about services offered by Participating Health Care Providers. As such, the Company is a means of communication between individual users and Participating Health Care Providers. THE COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY HEALTH CARE SERVICES OF ANY NATURE OR DESCRIPTION.
- You authorize the Company to disclose any PHI that you provide or that the Company otherwise obtains through any means, including, without limitation, any information provided by any health care providers, public sources or any other source to any Participating Health Care Providers in accordance with the criteria that you provide to the Company and as otherwise determined to be appropriate by the Company in furtherance of providing the Services as defined under the Terms and Conditions of Use for Individual Users.
- The purpose of this Authorization is to enable you to obtain additional information about one or more Participating Health Care Providers who may be deemed acceptable to you to seek consultation and/or treatment.
- This Authorization may be revoked by you at any time except to the extent that the Company has already acted in reliance upon this Authorization. If you revoke your Authorization, you must do so in writing and mail or hand deliver it to the Company at:
- You understand that you may inspect and/or copy the information to be disclosed pursuant to this Authorization.
- You understand that this Authorization is voluntary. You understand that you do not need to agree to the terms and conditions in this Authorization in order to ensure health care treatment, payment, enrollment in any health plan, or eligibility for benefits. You also understand that if you have any questions regarding the use or disclosure of your health information, you may contact the Company.
- You are aware that information used or disclosed pursuant to this Authorization may be subject to re-disclosure by the recipient and will no longer be protected by the federal regulations protecting privacy of an individual’s health information under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and other applicable federal and state law.
- Notwithstanding any other provision set forth in this Authorization and the Terms and Conditions of Use for Individual Users, you acknowledge and agree that the Company may use and disclose freely any of your “de-identified PHI” as such term is defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, whether for compensation or for any other purpose.
If not revoked by you, this Authorization will terminate upon the termination of your account with the Company.
Conflict In Terms
To contact us for any reason, including a equest to be added or taken off a list, or if you have any concerns or questions, please email us at [email protected] Please note: when you contact us, if possible, provide your name and address exactly as it appears on correspondence you have received from us.
Please contact us at [email protected] to change your e-mail address or to unsubscribe from e-mails from the Company. The effective date of any opt-out action will be ten (10) business days following the date your opt-out request is received by the Company, after which your e-mail address will be added to the suppression files associated with the Site.
To the extent that you exchange information directly with any Participating Health Care Provider and no longer desire to receive communication from such Participating Health Care Provider, you must contact the Participating Health Care Provider directly.
Change in Policy